Through Body Wisdom
Master Yang & Simon Borg-Oliver
26 September – 1 October 2022
Wonglepong, QLD Australia
Self-compassion and compassion for others has its starting point at a somatic level. It’s not enough to just think more positively about yourself – one has to embrace the feeling, to have emotional intelligence and understanding of compassion at a cellular level.
Self-compassion, through enhancing your own body-mind connection, is vital for increasing emotional resilience, improving health, longevity and one’s overall sense of wellbeing and happiness. Hence the need for body and mind to connect and work together as one – without this there can be no compassion for others.
Master Zhen Hua Yang brings his extensive background in Nei Gong and the Chinese internal self healing arts teaching us to connect with the wisdom of the body through Qi/energy. Utilising the energetic wisdom of the body to work towards a balanced body/mind system, one that has compassion to self and others.
Simon Borg-Olivier’s extensive back ground in the India art of Yoga and Western physiotherapist helps us to understand the physiology of the body that takes place during practice – to release tension that inhibits us from having compassion and love towards self and others.
This course will be individually tailored to each participant’s needs, wants, desires, physical abilities and experience.
In this course, you will learn various techniques to regulate and develop the mind and the body: postures and movements and breath. Integrating these three modalities more efficiently enables us to:
- establish internal compassion for self
- deal with trauma more effectively
- develop flexibility and strength of both body and mind
- manage stress, anxiety and depression better
- create a sense of balance and harmony
- improve our health and well-being
- cultivate energetic resources to live a better life
All of these points are a prerequisite for creating deeper connection with self and others. They all lead to a better quality of life and a growing sense of happiness and good health. The practices are based upon the postures, movements and breath-control systems as taught in the ancient traditions of Nei Gong and Hatha Yoga.
- Training: 6 days of in-person training with Master Yang & Simon Borg-Olivier
- Meals: Three meals per day, based on the Five Elements diet of traditional Chinese medicine
- Accommodation: Shared rooms in house and cabins
- Facilities in house and cabins: Private bathroom, microwave
- Outdoor amenities: Outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, open pit fire, walks through native Australian bushland, spectacular views to the scenic rim
- Transportation: to and from the venue
- Insurance: personal travel & health insurance
- All-age and health condition appropriate
- No prior experience required
Join the course
- Date: 26 September – 1 October 2022
- Venue: Wallaby Ridge Retreat Centre, 88 Bambling Rd, Wonglepong QLD 4275, Australia
- Booking contact: Please contact Simon Borg-Olivier directly via telephone, WhatsApp or direct message for details on these courses.
The number is +61 417041179. Text a message if I can’t answer and I will get back to you ASAP.
- Food and accommodation price: 750.00 AUD
- Course price: 1,500.00 AUD
Limited spaces available.