Through Body Wisdom
Learn about the somatic level of self-compassion and compassion for others.
Calligraphy Health Retreat Centre
- Date: TBA
- Venue: Calligraphy Health Retreat Center, Australia
- Training: TBA
- Price: TBA
This workshop will be led in-person by Master Zhen Hua Yang – founder of Calligraphy Health and keeper of his 400 year family lineage in the ancient internal Chinese art of self-healing.
Self-compassion and compassion for others has its starting point at a somatic level. It’s not enough to just think more positively about yourself – one has to embrace the feeling, to have emotional intelligence and understanding of compassion at a cellular level.
Self-compassion, through enhancing your own body-mind connection, is vital for increasing emotional resilience, improving health, longevity and one’s overall sense of wellbeing and happiness. Hence the need for body and mind to connect and work together as one – without this there can be no compassion for others.
Emphasis will be upon connecting with your blood cells, building up your blood circulation and calming the nervous system. You will begin to learn how to restore your health and bring it back to a state of balance and harmony through the combination of breath, mind and movement.
This workshop is for everyone and all movements can be taken with you to do in the comfort of your own home.
Limited spaces available.
In this course, you will learn various techniques to regulate and develop the mind and the body: postures and movements and breath. Integrating these three modalities more efficiently enables us to:
- establish internal compassion for self
- deal with trauma more effectively
- develop flexibility and strength of both body and mind
- manage stress, anxiety and depression better
- create a sense of balance and harmony
- improve our health and well-being
- cultivate energetic resources to live a better life
All of these points are a prerequisite for creating deeper connection with self and others. They all lead to a better quality of life and a growing sense of happiness and good health. The practices are based upon the postures, movements and breath-control systems as taught in the ancient traditions of Nei Gong.
- Training: In-person training with Master Yang
- Meals: Three meals per day, based on the Five Elements diet of traditional Chinese medicine
- Accommodation: Shared rooms in house and cabins
- Facilities in house and cabins: Private bathroom, microwave
- Outdoor amenities: Outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, open pit fire, walks through native Australian bushland, spectacular views to the scenic rim
- Transportation: to and from the venue
- Insurance: personal travel & health insurance
- All-age and health condition appropriate
- No prior experience required
Join the course
- Date: TBA
- Venue: Wallaby Ridge Retreat Centre, 88 Bambling Rd, Wonglepong QLD 4275, Australia
- Course price: TBA
- Food and accommodation price: TBA